Residential homes for older people, almshouses and hospices (for children and adults)
The Charity awards grants for special projects, equipment and running costs. The level of grant is entirely at the discretion of the Trustees.
Applications are considered twice yearly and distributions are made at the end of May (Spring) and at the end of November (Autumn). Applications for the Spring distribution should be received no later than 15 March and for the Autumn no later than 15 September.
We ask that no more than one application be made in each twelve months so if you are awarded a grant at the Autumn distribution, you should not make a further application until Autumn the following year.
Applications can be made by completing a simple online form. Organisations will need to register before being able to submit online applications. Before registering and applying, please read our Guidelines for Organisations.
Before you apply please ensure you have the following information to hand:
- your organisation’s aims and activities
- how our last grant benefited your organisation (if applicable)
- what you are seeking funding for and how many people are expected to benefit
- costs of the project or work and the amount of any money raised so far
- details of how you will measure your success
- a copy of your organisation’s latest audited accounts
- your organisation’s bank details
We try to visit as many applicants as possible each year, particularly organisations applying for the first time. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Charity.